Just been reviewing my Facebook profile and spotted a ’25 things’ post that was doing the rounds a few years ago and realising how much my response to that has changed since I did it early in 2009 (judging by what I wrote). Funny how Facebook has become a sort of archive. The idea was to write down 25 fun facts about yourself, well as so much of it was pertinent to now I thought I would include an updated version here. It also reminded me how much it’s nice to know a bit about your photographer particularly if they are your wedding photographer – after all they’ll be spending a lot of time with you on the day :-)
So here’s a few interesting snippets about me.
- I’ve been into photography since I was 18, but going professional opened a whole new world/aspects to photography I was not aware of.
- I was actively involved in youth work for over 20 years. Running several successful youth clubs for many years, only stopping to complete my PhD. It was a case of the youth work or the PhD. I needed the PhD.
- I am an academic as well as photographer. The academic work fulfils my needs for academic research type work in education and computing, while the photography fulfils my artistic nature.
- I do most of the cooking. Often limited to what can be cooked in 30 minutes or less “Ready, Steady, Cook” style.
- I don’t watch much TV and I don’t do soaps or reality TV.
- I prefer films (when I have a chance to view them) and I like animation. I love Japanese animation such as Studio Ghibli.
- I hate Marmite, but I love Bovril – on toast. Spread thickly with melted butter… fantastic!
- I worked as a sheepdog for one day rounding up sheep. Amazing what you do for psychology studies.
- I like whisky, that’s decent malt whisky. Not the bourbon whiskies the Americans have tried to foist on us.
- I have belly danced on TV. A case of caught on camera as part of the audience having to belly dance along with everybody else. Funny how many people from university were watching that day time program!
- My musical taste is diverse, I like classical and ‘trailer music’ eg the work of “Two Steps from Hell”.
- I have been in a number of theatre productions and then went into stage lighting as I prefer watching plays to being in them. My interest in using lighting to create moods and atmosphere showed up early.
- Gardening and plants have been a hobby of mine since a child.
- I am half Scottish. Which might account for my taste for whisky and haggis.
- I had never flown until I was 34. I don’t mind flying, but prefer driving.
- I have a kilt, which I wear sometimes… :-)